News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy View 2 hits Geekbench, apparently coming soon to AT&T

Started by Redaktion, January 30, 2019, 13:01:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The successor of the 18.4-inch Samsung Galaxy View has recently surfaced on Geekbench. The Galaxy View 2 runs Android 8.1 Oreo-based firmware and apparently features a 17.5-inch display. This large tablet for media consumption is rumored to arrive soon in the US via AT&T, but nothing is official yet.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-View-2-hits-Geekbench-apparently-coming-soon-to-AT-T.401791.0.html

Gary

WTF SAMSUNG.?.. why this before a updated Galaxy Note 12.2 ...we want an alternative to the Ipad 12 pro...,, why did you abandon this market to Apple?

Matt L

I have had a Galaxy View for a couple of years. I originally had it on the kitchen counter where anyone could use it, or grab it to put on your lap to surf. But I recently have been using it as a sheet music reader for live gigs. It is big enough to see two pages at once, and pretty portable (I got the Samsung case for it). It has been much more reliable than the nabi BIG TAB 19 and 24 I was using for that purpose. The only other products this big are either really expensive, or out of production. E-ink would be better, but they are really pricey in large sizes.

MICHAEL NIMEC

Have the first View.  I love it for the sheer size of it.  VIdeo looks great and the sound is decent.  The battery is a beast and charges quickly.

And it IS a conversation starter, especially when it's insane price comes up.  Got to give Samsung credit for an interesting experiment.

Let's face it...it is kind of useless...

The hinge and back are impractical.  It is awkward to move.  It is impractical to travel with as it doesn't lay flat.  Also, most applications aren't optimized for its large screen and it doesn't do profile mode so things tend to look funny.  It was a solution in search of a problem.

That said, I still love the damn thing.  I've named it "Behemoth"♥️.

boxcarbertha

Have always liked the idea of a large android tab so please please hope released in the UK too, have been stalking the poor Samsung staff at any and every store who, as of yet cannot tell me more. You can get 17 inch laptops and desk tops galore, I cannot see a tab of this size as strange, I have 7 and 10 inch Samsung and hope it comes UK way too 👍

mlewis

the original Galaxy View did not have Portrait mode.
anyone know is the View 2 will support Portrait mode for people who want to use it for sheet music?

John Chin

I've had my View for a few years now and I love it. My primary use for this is sheet music when I'm playing with my bands.  I can store tons of music in it with no problems.  My biggest fear has been what to do if this does?  My pianist had her View run over when she left it on the parking lot.  I can't wait for the view 2 so I can have a spare. It's also great for apps.

Just Dino

I bought to of these when they first came out, and have loved every minute of use.
I actually called Samsung today and asked why theView has never gotten a software os update and i got the sound of crickets. I also asked about a newer version of this tablet, and again....crickets.
So, after wandering the interwebz, i found this article..i can only say I HOPE THIS IS TRUE and that a non cell service provider version also becomes available. If i need it outside of the home, i use my hotspot to connect to the web anyways.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview