News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei MateBook 13 (i7-8565U, GeForce MX150) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2019, 17:13:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Don't let its diminutive size fool you — this 3:2 13.0-inch laptop is equipped with a much faster GPU than your typical Ultrabook. Huawei's latest offering is supposed to be a mid-range product, but its unique build and specifications are anything but.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-MateBook-13-i7-8565U-GeForce-MX150-Laptop-Review.395006.0.html

Unpopular opinion, but beyond everything else the 13" 3:2 display is an instant deal breaker for me.

Cannot imagine trying to watch a 21:9 film on this laptop when a 15" 16:9 already feels crammed. Also no chance of using Windows Snap for multitasking, which is a must-have feature. For the extremely rare occasion when I want vertical space, 16:9 on 2-in-1 design is far more practical than traditional clamshell 3:2.

Also design of USB-C on this laptop entirely defeats the purpose of it. Both ports should have supported power delivery and displayout, with at least one of them including 10Gbps 3.1 that has been a standard for years now.

Only time I use USB-C port is for an eGPU which requires TB3. All two dozen of my peripherals including - keyboard, mouse, hard drives, flash drives, phone, speakers etc - have a male USB-A port at the other end, not USB-C. In fact, the sole tech that actually relies on USB-C is the laptop itself, which again, defeats the point of USB-C altogether.

42 Wh battery is a bit small as well, I assume 5 hours out of the box. My ancient T440s from 2013 could pull 12 hours, as could most high-end ultrabooks today with 70+ Wh batteries.

Other personal deal breakers include the keyboard and fixed RAM, as well as most likely poor speakers at this price range.

Not a bad laptop overall, but I wouldn't pay over $700 for the i5. Only Huawei does not even seem to offer i5 with MX150 and higher RAM options.

Lucien

Hi,

I can't stand PWM even with high frequency and the Matebook 13 with intel hd graphic has PWM under 30% brightness and this one not.

But is it because of the Geforce mx150 vs Intel HD or because of the touchscreen ?? Because the European Intel graphic version in the review has no touchscreen.

I can buy for work a matebook 13 i7 512 Go with intel HD graphic but WITH touchscreen.

Can someone please tell me if i 'll have PWN or not ?

Thanks

Eason

Why is the CPU power hidden by a white block in the screenshot of Prime95+FurMark stress test?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview