News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Over a year after promising Oreo for the Moto G4 Plus, Motorola is yet to do so

Started by Redaktion, January 27, 2019, 14:19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Motorola released the Moto G4 Plus back in 2016 and promised it would receive two major updates. A while later, the company went back on its word and claimed the mid-range phone would not get the update, prompting a media outcry which forced it to once again promise to deliver Oreo. It's been 16 months since then, though, and the G4 Plus is still on Nougat.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Over-a-year-after-promising-Oreo-for-the-Moto-G4-Plus-Motorola-is-yet-to-do-so.400891.0.html

Tony Thomas

Still waiting - still like my G4 Plus - but I'm not sure I'd buy another Moto if they won't reasonably honour their promises

Josh

Great Phone!!! I still have it, 10 times faster than my wife's $1500 iPhone X, and with card 10X as much memory.  Only 4x the ram.  Got it brand new  and unlocked for  around $250 with warranty.  Mine works like new after over almost 2 years! I am not nice to my phones,  an iPhone probably would have broken 10 times by now. 
Please keep your word Motorola!!!!!!

Hayden

I still have yet to receive Oreo on my Asus ZenFone V(4v) and it has been promised since last May! :(

Kat

Gave up waiting .    f*** Motorola    no more, atrix then skipped and went back with the g4plus battery has been replaced 3 times and 2 by me .. done bye no more nice phone but moved on

LenovoTech@xda

Who waits around on OTAs anyway? I ran a simple port of Android 8.0.0 from the E5 Play & been running Oreo on my G4 Plus for nearly a year. Motorola makes an excellent low and mid range smartphone lineup, but they've always been lacking on version & incremental build updated.

Andy Ah

Motorola has completely turned into a deadbeat maker of phones. They completely ignored pleas from their users to do the update. It shows in their forums how mad users have been for being ignored.

heffeque

Same thing with Bq. They promised a bunch of Oreo device updates... Still waiting on most of them.

Bq and Motorola no more.

BK

The same goes for Moto G5s. They rolled out the Oreo update in some regions, just so they could say they delivered on their promise, but most of the device owners (including me) in Europe are still stuck on Nougat.
When I contacted Motorola Support, they told me the Oreo update process for some regions had been temporarily halted.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview