News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Clevo and MSI laptops will not use AMD's 7nm chips on their release: new report

Started by Redaktion, January 25, 2019, 16:50:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A WCCFTech correspondent claims to have exclusive news from various sources confirming that some laptop manufacturers are prepared to pick up AMD's new 7nm mobility line-up when it comes out - and that others are not. According to this report, ASUS, HP and Acer are open to adopting these new chipsets.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Clevo-and-MSI-laptops-will-not-use-AMD-s-7nm-chips-on-their-release-new-report.400456.0.html

ED

Fake news is both when there is false informaion and when the information is not reported objectively.

The brands that confirmed AMD adoption are among the top 6 world laptop producers, while the brands that rejected AMD adoption are not even individually rated (source: Gartner 2018 report on Wordwide pc shipments).

The actual situation is that among laptop producers that took a position (about 40%) those controlling 80-90% of the market will adopt AMD 7nm CPUs. Still the title of this article makes it seem like it is the contrary.

Notebookcheck today your usual bias towards AMD reached new lows. How can we trust you to report objectively on related technical matters?

SkyDevil

Well I wanted to wait for MSI laptop with AMD processor and graphics, it looks like I have to go with ASUS again 😑

amirbahalegharn

I was really waiting for a clevo with threadripper or ryzen socket in their top line segment like p775tm/p870tm&p750tm along with all other features these laptops already have.
please clevo if this is your decision,rethink about it as amd is more future proof than intel when your highest-end laptops all are about customization & upgradeability.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview