News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei MateBook 13 vs. MateBook X Pro: What's the difference?

Started by Redaktion, January 22, 2019, 03:50:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The two may look similar, but they're actually quite different. The cheaper MateBook 13 is surprisingly the faster model by more than a wide margin while the MateBook X Pro has the larger and higher resolution display. Users should choose carefully depending on which features are more important.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-MateBook-13-vs-MateBook-X-Pro-What-s-the-difference.396991.0.html

MateBook X Pro is only popular because using decent hardware on a Windows laptop was unprecedented, which is the only reason it can pull off an inordinate $1,500 price tag, way passed the usual high end $1,000 range.

MateBook 13 on the other hand has specs and hardware of a typical mid range laptop of around $700 mark and is therefore outstandingly overpriced.

heffeque

Could you put an example of a comparable laptop that costs $700? Just out of curiosity.

PCUser

The Matebook X Pro 3000x2000 display is the best I've ever seen in any Laptop, it's 259dpi and 200% Windows scaling perfectly matches 27" 4K UHD Displays.

The new Mate 13 wasn't meant to compete with the Matebook X Pro, If anything this model shows the shape of things to come later this year.

@heffeque:

Comparable in what way? No two laptops are identical in specs.

In general, 13, 14" Lenovo Ideapad, Yoga 700 series, 13" HP Envy series, and 13" Dell Inspiron 7000 series are most comparable to the MateBook 13 from a certain standpoint. Most of these start at $700 USD with i5, 8GB RAM and PCIe SSD.

Huawei's own MateBook D 14 Ryzen may not be directly comparable but it is quite similar and costs $600. Other laptops with Ryzen 7 is also worth a look.

I guess it depends on what aspects of the laptop you're specifically trying to compare - the screen, or dGPU, or speakers, or I/O, or what else.

"On the flip side, the MateBook 13 has faster WiFi, newer Bluetooth, and an arguably better webcam"

AC 9560 is capped at 600 Mbps on any laptop, same as the former 8265 due to the design of 2x2 antenna module. Bluetooth 5 is not yet supported on Windows, and on pretty much any bluetooth gadget maybe until 2025. And webcams on both laptops are practically useless by today's standard.

Be honest.

Branislav Omorac

So, in a few words...Matebook 13 destroyed X Pro in every benchmark. Fair enough?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview