News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Verizon customers get spam and robocalling protection for free

Started by Redaktion, January 21, 2019, 10:47:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although some customers received protection from spam and robocalling in the past, now Verizon is ready to provide these useful security features to all its customers. These two treats will be offered for free starting in March, revealed Joe Russo, senior vice president of network operations for Verizon.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Verizon-customers-get-spam-and-robocalling-protection-for-free.396756.0.html

Wonkyfinger

How will this work, though, for customers whose numbers have been used by the scammers for caller ID spoofing?  I wonder if my number is one of the 300 million, since it has been used several times.  I guess I won't be able to call Verizon customers anymore.

Codrut Nistor

That's a good question. Maybe they check those numbers again from time to time?

Alejandro

Quotethe carrier has identified almost 300 million numbers associated with spam and robocalling so far

That is a huge figure, equivalent to 30 full area codes! (assuming numbers from 0000000 to 9999999 are assigned). An important percentage of all the US numbers. Unless they are counting international numbers on that list.

MainDude

Let's see all the other carriers following this lead ... because it's the right thing to do.

Phred

Verizon says landline customers will get spam notifications,but it doesn't say they will get call blocking.Already get spam notifications.Dissapointing.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview