News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga S730-13IWL (FHD, Core i7-8565U) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, December 24, 2018, 09:55:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo is trying to make a splash in the compact ultrabook market by giving its laptops a makeover. The company has introduced new branding, the latest Intel CPUs and thinner cases, but has it done enough to disrupt an already saturated market? Read on to find out whether its first non-convertible Yoga laptop, the Yoga S730-13IWL, or confusingly the 730s-13IWL in North America, can challenge its competitors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-S730-13IWL-FHD-Core-i7-8565U-Laptop-Review.386031.0.html

DavidC1

These companies LOVE diluting their brand. They should have stuck with Convertibles = Yoga.

Ideapad and Yoga get worse and worse every year, while Thinkpad and Legion get better and more expensive.

42 Wh battery is what goes inside Android tablets and 10" laptops, as are those awful ports. This is a sad attempt.

Sooda

I had this unit but ended up returning it. My unit had coil whine as well, especially when charging. but the reason I returned it was that the TB3 ports on the right side of the machine were not equal: using USB-C to HDMI 2.0 adapter, the lower one gave image whereas the upper one didn't (as consistenly at least). Furthermore getting image out was finicky even from the better port, sometimes it wouldn't recognise my 4K TV set to accept RGB 4K 60Hz signals. On my FHD TV it would drop out very often, but only when I was listening to Spotify. Very weird and something I considered to be unacceptable.

AJ de Wet

I have recently bought the 730-13IWL and are dissapointed with a 6hr battery life.
My previous Lenovo Yoga 2 out performs this new unit with a 9hr battery life under the same working conditions.
Lenovo claims no guarantees on performance of battery life.... No help for a user.!!

DadiZ123

The new hinge looks impressive! I purchased the Lenovo Yoga 710 from Best Buy, and after a year (when my warrantee expired) the hinge broke (both Best Buy and Lenovo Customer Service indicated this was a common occurrence/complaint).  To me the selling point of this product is literally it's flexibility. Hopefully, Lenovo got the mechanics right with this version!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview