News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple executive reiterates company's support for iPad Pro 2018 design

Started by Redaktion, December 22, 2018, 19:16:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 'Bendgate 2.0' saga continues: An iPad Pro customer who email Tim Cook about his disappointment with the situation in which the US$799+ devices arrive deformed out of the box got a response. This reply was not from Cook himself, however, but from another Apple executive who explained how well the new iPad fits in with Apple's design philosophy.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-executive-reiterates-company-s-support-for-iPad-Pro-2018-design.386116.0.html

Scott Salbo

I love Apple products. I've happily stuck with every iPhone iteration since it's debut, owned a Powerbook which convinced me I never needed another Windows PC, again, and owned a 9.7" iPod Pro. I haven't replaced my 17" Macbook Pro, however, as the fetish for thinness at the expense of power and practicality made it unnecessarily expensive. I know someone is going to point out how powerful the newest gen Macbook Pro's are, but to be useful they get to a crazy $4500 price point. Getting back to the iPad Pro's, what is the point of such a thin device as the current iPad if we must put it in a bulky case to protect it from bending?

DavidC1

You sell it to people based on fashion/design, which people go crazy for. That requires being thin.

Then the ecosystem around it sells a case for it. In some cases, the smartphone manufacturer sells it directly.

Same with Smartphones. You need a case now. My Moto E 3rd Gen doesn't, because its thick enough that it can have a grippy surface.

Not good for the customer, but good for the company.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview