News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte teasing a new Aero 15 laptop for CES 2019

Started by Redaktion, December 18, 2018, 00:35:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We smell a potential refresh in the air. Gigabyte is expected to unveil the latest model in its popular Aero family to compete against the Dell XPS 15 and other narrow-bezel flagship laptops.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-teasing-a-new-Aero-15-laptop-for-CES-2019.382241.0.html

Minimimeee

One of the biggest deterrence is the high prices for aero laptops. The Walmart overpowered laptops with similar specs are going for $800 while the aero are $1800-2000. However the aero are probably much better build quality and components with better driver support. And lighter.

One thing I really would like to see gigabyte do is a lighter low voltage version, like a 13 or 14 inch screen with U series CPU and discrete graphics, and below 1.4kg, similar to t480s. And of course the same amazing color accuracy and srgb coverage

Reeek

Don't be fooled just by specs on paper.  Mobo on that Walmart OP laptop is the weakest link, I suspect.  And cooling solution is very questionable as well.  I have a laptop made by the same manufacture with 1050Ti.  On paper and on benchmarks, it is far superior to my 3 years old Asus G751JM with GTX 860M.  Yet in everyday use, the Asus is far more quiet and stable.  I swear the interior layout, especially the heat-pipes, look exactly like mine.  Which does not give me much confidence.   

Jam

introid

Argh I'm actually waiting for the delivery of my new aero 15x, the first one had keyboard issues... :(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview