News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo releases new ThinkPad L390 & ThinkPad L390 Yoga with Intel Whiskey Lake CPUs

Started by Redaktion, December 17, 2018, 15:02:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo announced the first ThinkPad laptops of the 2019 generation. The affordable ThinkPad L390 and its convertible brother ThinkPad L390 Yoga are the first ThinkPad laptops to sport the newer Whiskey Lake processors from Intel like the Core i5-8265U.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-releases-new-ThinkPad-L390-ThinkPad-L390-Yoga-with-Intel-Whiskey-Lake-CPUs.381006.0.html

The Yoga is far too heavy and expensive considering it only has a 45Wh battery that probably lasts like 5 hours. Lenovo must use excellent screens  this year for them to be so expensive.

jeremy

Quote from: sticky on December 17, 2018, 18:26:25
[...]Lenovo must use excellent screens  this year for them to be so expensive.
Ha ha ha, that's pretty funny.

Though Lenovo have started to finally use displays that aren't junk, much of their lineup (even the expensive T series) are still fully infested with PWM + low gamut waste. Even the X series (the X280 in particular) gets a laughable 64.1% coverage of the sRGB gamut. At least most of these are IPS panels, though you can still configure a $1500++ T480 with a 1366x768 TN panel and a laughable 400:1 contrast ratio.

Luca

Does anyone know if they plan to use the keyboard lock when the yoga model is open?

Same comment applies for the screens... how is it possible to have below 1080p in their product line these days?

No keyboard lock unfortunately and also an inferior keyboard to the X and T series, as well as inferior performance, battery life, build quality and weight. Lenovo reusing this old chassis is the root issue here.

Prices are higher than last year and an obvious sham. Starts at $889 with what is probably dual-core i3, 4GB memory, 128GB sata storage excluding backlit keyboard or windows hello. Not to mention the absence of any business associated features on a "business laptop".

Spec it up to i5, 8GB, 256GB and it is well over $1k, which is ludicrous considering the outdated hardware on this. Better to buy the Spectre x360 13 or one of Lenovo's own Yoga convertibles, which all come with full TB3 ports.

If you found this laptop looking for a 2-in-1 with expandable RAM like I did, the new LG Gram 14 2-in-1 is slightly more expensive but a far better value than the L390 Yoga

Laona

Quote from: sticky on December 28, 2018, 11:29:25
No keyboard lock unfortunately and also an inferior keyboard to the X and T series, as well as inferior performance, battery life, build quality and weight. Lenovo reusing this old chassis is the root issue here.

Prices are higher than last year and an obvious sham. Starts at $889 with what is probably dual-core i3, 4GB memory, 128GB sata storage excluding backlit keyboard or windows hello. Not to mention the absence of any business associated features on a "business laptop".

Spec it up to i5, 8GB, 256GB and it is well over $1k, which is ludicrous considering the outdated hardware on this. Better to buy the Spectre x360 13 or one of Lenovo's own Yoga convertibles, which all come with full TB3 ports.

If you found this laptop looking for a 2-in-1 with expandable RAM like I did, the new LG Gram 14 2-in-1 is slightly more expensive but a far better value than the L390 Yoga
i love how you are completely wrong about the L390

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview