News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell confirms that it is fixing the GPU issue that affects some XPS 15 9570 laptops

Started by Redaktion, December 12, 2018, 17:15:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has backtracked on its decision that the XPS 15 9570 does not have an NVIDIA GPU issue. The company has informed us that it is working on a fix that it aims to roll out via an updated BIOS by the end of this month.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-confirms-that-it-is-fixing-the-GPU-issue-that-affects-some-XPS-15-9570-laptops.376516.0.html

Dimitar Atanasov Atanasov

I have 1.6 and GPU problem is not fixed. Also I have noticed that with it I have some sporadic fans behaviour.

mkdr

I am worried, because of Dells bad decision making how to "fix" things in the past, what that means. If it means for example, that they just heat up the GPU constantly with higher boost clocks so it always stays over 48°C even in low load games, than that would be a BAD workaround/fix.

mkdr

@Alex Alderson or other of the team: Could you please bother Dell also about the S3 issue and they wont give back proper S3 sleep. It has to made public, that Dell doesnt want to give back proper S3 sleep on the XPS 15, and just say "Dell doesnt support S3 sleep anymore on these laptops". Modern standby is not working not reliable and NOT made for laptops. Laptops user dont want modern standby.

Gary Todd

I just got a new 9570 and I have this exact issue with Bios 1.6.0.  I hope they get this sorted quickly, it's very frustrating and disappointing.

RyanD

jhowa1

After upgrading to BIOS 1.5, my system would lock up - the screen would go black and it became a brick.   The solution was to hold the power button down for about 15 seconds, then let off, then press the power button on again and it reboots.

Not the same issue as being reported here, but extremely frustrating.

Pavan

Please use Nvidia driver downloaded from the Nvidia website which has capability to create NVIDIA Management Library folder in C:/Program Files/NVIDIA. The OEM driver lacks this capability to create the folder which causes the throttling and hinders the performance.

Vito

Time to sue freaking Dell and any other greedy idiots who doesn't stand behind their products in terms of quality >:D

ralph

Same here. and periodic bluescreens. in many forums this is also mentioned. Dell does nothing against it. Will never ever buy anything from this crap company again.

Quote from: jhowa1 on December 17, 2018, 16:32:04
After upgrading to BIOS 1.5, my system would lock up - the screen would go black and it became a brick.   The solution was to hold the power button down for about 15 seconds, then let off, then press the power button on again and it reboots.

Not the same issue as being reported here, but extremely frustrating.

Adnan

Just 10.01.2019 received my laptop 9570 (4k, nVidia 1050Ti) which initially did  not boot. Contacted dell support and they installed new Windows which ended up frequent BSODs.
Had the same recurring issue.
Talked to Dell support and 4 hours of debug and updates from Bios to graphics, from sound to chipset drivers, the issue is persistent.
By the way I just updated to BIOS version 1.7.0 and after 3 minutes of use, it crashed with same power failure.

I will still wait from dell if they can fix it this week otherwise I will send it for a refund.

kekewhale

Bios 1.7.0 arrived yesterday and installed. Been using my new XPS15 9570 I7&1050 maxq for 24hours, no problems whatsoever.

Sakke

Updated to 1.7.0
Still BSOD when playing games.
After this happened again after the update, I made sure it used the correct GPU (since it the game aparently used the internal Intel one instead of the Geforce), after that the game still crashed, I could see the GPU load drop to 0% and after a couple of minutes the PC again crashed, but this time it did have a mention in the event log before it crashed:
4 logs with source "nvlddmkm". Since its not in english, i'll only input the relevant part:
\Device\UVMLiteController0x1
Graphics Exception: Class 0xe64 Subchannel 0x0 Mismatch

Graphics Exception: ESR 0x4041b0=0x200e64

Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404000=0x80000002

1d6e(3604) 00000000 00000000

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview