News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus VivoBook S15 S530UN (i7, FHD, MX150) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, December 08, 2018, 18:03:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The most important feature of the Asus VivoBook S15 S530UN is its green case color. However, this does not necessarily mean that it is a bad laptop. We tested this Asus laptop to uncover its strength and weaknesses.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-VivoBook-S15-S530UN-i7-FHD-MX150-Laptop-Review.374901.0.html

Jesse

OMG, Asus what are you doing?  Gaudy colors.  Poor screen color reproduction.  Cramming a numpad with an unusual layout into the keyboard?  I guarantee you 90% of us will hate this immediately.  98% by the time any of us have used it.  Stop putting number pads on 15" laptops.  They DO NOT FIT.  Stop trying to force it just for a marketing 'checkbox' line item.   Same goes for the RAM.   It is a frickin' laptop.  Use cooler running, low power DDR3L instead of hot power sucking DDR4.   

No more mechanical hard drives.  Why are you adding weight and noise when for less money you can double the size of the SSD instead?

Too much weight.  It should be 300g lighter.

Uggh, I could go on and on.   Is the power connector at least properly on the left side?  Pointless to even look.

Runs too hot as well.   Down clock it and make it fanless.  Does anyone really need a quad core processor if they don't have a separate GPU?  Ummm nope.

Jesse

I had to look at the price of the Lenovo 530s.   Yep, it is the one to get instead.    Silver (not green).  Better screen, keyboard, hinge, base model even has a 256GB SSD.  It's lighter as well.   Costs less.

Asus, you should be owning this mid-priced 15" ultrabook space.   Get your 'chit' together.

Vance

Good laptop, but at $600 the Acer Aspire 5 15 is a better value with 8th gen i5 and MX150. Lenovo Ideapad 530s 15 starts higher at $700 but is overall a better quality hardware.

Like many others, this Asus laptop is overpriced by a huge margin.

J

All other reviews of this laptop show around 70% srgb coverage. Why are your results so different? I've noticed such discrepancies on a lot of your screen measurements and I'm starting to wonder how rigorous they are.

otherBen

I bought this one about a month ago. Does anyone know if there is a working battery charging program for it? Asus has this a Battey Health Charging app (I can't post links) but for some reason it doesn't work for the S530.

Pi

Does anyone know what is the max RAM size if I would like to extend RAM? Asus also sells version without hdd, do you perhaps know if then I would have all frames/screws required to install hdd?

raktim

this product sound quality very bad..this poduct 100% sound = other laptop 100% sound ..can u tell how make high sound this laptop

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview