News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Our first Core i7-8565U Whiskey Lake-U benchmarks are in and performance is almost indistinguishable from the Core i7-8550U

Started by Redaktion, November 24, 2018, 01:15:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Whiskey Lake-U doesn't offer much in terms of performance enhancements over its immediate Kaby Lake-R predecessor based on our initial benchmarks with the Asus Zenbook UX433. It's largely forgettable if you already own a Kaby Lake-R laptop, but users with older systems will still see value if deciding to upgrade.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Our-first-Core-i7-8565U-Whiskey-Lake-U-benchmarks-are-in-and-performance-is-almost-indistinguishable-from-the-Core-i7-8550U.366651.0.html

Ale

There was supposedly a drop in performance with Intel's meltdown and spectre patches right? But WiskeyLake-U were suppose to have hardware fixes.

What I'm getting it is I wonder if the software patches exclude the fixed processors or are they still impacting performance?

DavidC1

Why is the author ignoring sustained performance?

It looks like from the chart its 10% better. If you are rendering like Cinebench, the short term figure doesn't matter. The 10% is what matters.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview