News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i5-8500T (6 cores, 6 Threads, 2.1 GHz, 35 W) Desktop CPU Review

Started by Redaktion, November 19, 2018, 19:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD has already refreshed its economical APUs that are designed for multimedia use. Intel has followed suit with new frugal processors based on its Coffee Lake architecture. Our focus for this review is the Core i5-8500T, a 35 W TDP chip that has six cores and an integrated GPU. We will be investigating how well the new CPU performs in this review and whether it can handle the latest triple-A games.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-8500T-6-cores-6-Threads-2-1-GHz-35-W-Desktop-CPU-Review.362226.0.html

CmdrEvil

Who cares about big fps difference in low details? I mean all those games in ultra vary by 1-2% between i5 and i7s, really does it matter that game run 100fps in low detail instead of 200fps? It's a fact, surely, but completely irrelevant

Razer sharp blade V7

Quotebut amazingly the Core i5-8500T consumes significantly more than 35 W during a Prime95 stress test. According to Intel Extreme Utility (XTU), our test processor consumes up to 57 W, while it also averaged 42.5 W in our loop of the Cinebench R15 multi-core benchmark. /quote]

[quoteThis is not a deceptive move by Intel as the Core i5-8500T provides a better energy balance than its Core i7 counterpart. The two CPUs consume up to 354 W in our test system, but the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 consumes a large share of this.

Very very nice. AMD hot bad burning hungry, Intel good cool - because it consumes less than a Vega. No problem that it exceeds its TDP envelope unlike most Zens - it has every reason to do so, like the spirit of single-core Intel innovation, industry approved thermal solution(s), etc. etc.

In other words, eagerly waiting for 2400GE review.

Alejandro

I would like to see how the 35w T-series desktop CPUs compare to the 45w H-series laptop parts.

For example, the i7-8700T VS the i7-8750H.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview