News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple has started selling refurbished iPhone 8 devices for $499

Started by Redaktion, November 05, 2018, 02:11:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple's in-house refurbished store has started selling 64 GB iPhone 8 handsets for $499, $100 less than a new phone. Apple's refurbished iPhones are basically used internals that are cleaned and repaired, then placed into a new chassis with a new battery. Higher capacity iPhone 8 models and the iPhone 8 Plus should be available in the refurbished store soon.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-has-started-selling-refurbished-iPhone-8-devices-for-499.355371.0.html

Dilbert

The flash memory life would have degraded especially if the previous owner shot a lot of videos.

Marc

Quote from: Dilbert on November 05, 2018, 05:28:51
The flash memory life would have degraded especially if the previous owner shot a lot of videos.

Shouldn't really matter since most people replace their phone every 2-3 years. It'll only really matter if you plan on using the phone for 5+ years

Juicy360

I wish I had such prices in my country = Poland..
Calculating the new one here costs 745 usd (8 black, 64gb)
Still many sellers sell refurbished from often unknown sources little bit cheaper ~ 613 usd.

So it would great to have a refurbished one from original Apple store for 500 usd.  :-[ :-X

Sam Medley

@Izzy: According to Apple, they replace the casing and the battery when refurbishing the phones they sell on their site.

@Dilbert and @Marc: Yes, the previous user would have needed to shoot a ton of videos at 4K 60 to wear out the flash storage that quickly. It is a concern, but not a big one IMO.

@Doug MacFarland: As of 11/5, 11:30 AM CST, I'm not seeing the 8 Plus on the refurb site. Can you provide a link to what you're seeing?

Doug MacFarland

Quote from: Sam Medley on November 05, 2018, 18:21:12
@Izzy: According to Apple, they replace the casing and the battery when refurbishing the phones they sell on their site.

@Dilbert and @Marc: Yes, the previous user would have needed to shoot a ton of videos at 4K 60 to wear out the flash storage that quickly. It is a concern, but not a big one IMO.

@Doug MacFarland: As of 11/5, 11:30 AM CST, I'm not seeing the 8 Plus on the refurb site. Can you provide a link to what you're seeing?

Sorry it was up when I posted my original comment. Here's some bad screenshots:
imgur.com/0TgAGKb.png

imgur.com/JlQRkhj.png

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview