News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple's latest iPad Pro tablets are almost as fast as a six-core MacBook Pro

Started by Redaktion, November 02, 2018, 10:24:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Latest Geekbench results suggest that the A12 Bionic SoC is closer than ever to Intel's top mobility CPUs. The single-core scores are pretty tight, however, the gap in multi-core mode is more noticeable. Still the A12 only lags behind by around 3,000 points, which means upcoming mobile chips from Apple could finally match Intel's solutions in 1-2 years.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-s-latest-iPad-Pro-tablets-are-almost-as-fast-as-a-six-core-MacBook-Pro.354721.0.html

Lucas

I imagine this is more due to thermal design of the macbook than real performance differences.

valuxin

Quote from: Lucas on November 02, 2018, 12:01:48
I imagine this is more due to thermal design of the macbook than real performance differences.

Just look what Geekbench  is testing and you'll get the idea what's wrong with all this comparison.

But anyway? Apple doing a great job with it's own SOCs. They optimize instructions required for real world use case scenarios happening on their devices.

Bruno__

however, things dont really add up..
- The A12x gets a score 60% over the A12 with only 2 more cores. Not only a question of perf/core, but thermals. They both have passive dissipation.. My guess, you get that score once, then is will just throttle like hell..

- Comparing 3D mark phisycs scores, the i7-8750H has 2x the performance of the A12. Even if the A12X is 60% better, it wont reach te i7 ..
It seems that the geekbech test is " tailored" to do the math that the A12 does better ..

Get the A12x doing real world scenarios, and then we will see...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview