News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus get updated... to Android 8.1 Oreo

Started by Redaktion, October 29, 2018, 20:59:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus are now receiving an update to Android 8.1 Oreo. While receiving a year old update is bad enough, the phones are also receiving the June 2018 Android security patch, putting the devices' security four months behind the curve.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Moto-G5-and-Moto-G5-Plus-get-updated-to-Android-8-1-Oreo.350676.0.html

Yattoz

It's worth noticing that Lenovo/Moto has been testing their Oreo 8.1 build for more than 4 months now, releasing their soak test to broader and broader audience to catch bugs and fix them before global release. So they have probably been working on it from more than 7 or 8 months, maybe. My guess is that their update developer team is extremely reduced and probably underpaid, and that would explain their low release speed.

Manitha Iyer

As per Moto website, it is available for month now. But I haven't heard anyone mentioning that their Moto g5 plus received OTA in USA. So Moto & partners Inc are slower. Google should push much harder for faster adoption of latest Android.

Scott

Security updates are way overblown, and are easy to push out, because all they involve are tweaks to existing code. Platform updates are the true measure of how OEMs value their customers. Sadly, Android OEMs don't value their customers much at all.

Philo Sophic

Strange, I have a US G5+ (retus) and received the August security patch last month or so. No Oreo yet.

Yattoz

To mention real-life situation, my mom's Moto G5 got its Oreo Update, while my Moto G5 Plus doesn't have it yet. Both phones are no contract, bought from Amazon France.
The rollout is probably slowed down to be sure it doesn't blow up Lenovo's (possibly frail) servers.

Julianus

The writer needs to do more research about moto g5/g5 plus update before publishing this article. More people have received android update 8.1 with August security patch including my phone (G5 plus). But, I haven't installed and updated my phone due to some bugs concern from the update. I am in Australia. Check other people's experience with OS update before you update your phone ...

pug_ster

LeRoy F Kessler

According to google sesrch it is now going out. Did not mentipn India, just OUT.  Someone is wrong.

Alan

Finally just got my Oreo update as I am currently looking for a new phone . Don't think I'm going Motorola this time around. Watch to slow on updates. They should throw us a pie update for a consultation prize.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview