News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Razer Blade 15 Base Model is just as powerful as the Advanced Model for a whopping $600 less

Started by Redaktion, October 29, 2018, 05:43:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Razer has managed to make its higher-end configurations look way overpriced by upping their baseline specifications. Users can get the entry-level Base Model Blade 15 and still have the same Core i7-8750H CPU and GTX 1060 Max-Q GPU as the higher-end model plus a few extras to boot.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Razer-Blade-15-Base-Model-is-just-as-powerful-as-the-Advanced-Model-for-a-whopping-600-less.347121.0.html

S.Yu

nik

screen size only full hd or 4k touch screen.. it`s bad.
need 4k not touch version and 2560×1600 pixels too

Razer sharp blade V7

It's a pity that the base model scores lower in CPU benchmarks, even that the throttling is less pronounced.

Toruss

I want to see good 144Hz FHD IPS TOUCH screens (like the one on iPad Pro), not just for gaming but on all laptops and 2-in-1s especially. Preferably with in-panel matte coating rather than the current trend that is glossy anti-glare. Hopefully one of these OEMs will lead so that the rest may follow.

But yes, Li-Pol battery and per-key RGB keyboard really are the most expensive components in a laptop, closely followed by display and chassis materials. While still less price competitive alongside Clevo P955ER or MSI GS63, Razer's move here absolutely makes sense. Glad to see they're finally providing "budget" friendly options, at least for Razer standards.

Jesse

I want to see NO MORE TOUCHSCREENS on any and all laptops going forward.   Just a useless checkbox marketing item that causes hugely annoying screen reflections.

Cut it out.  We don't need this junk.   Leave that stuff on tablets and keep it off the laptops.

S.Yu

Quote from: Jesse on October 29, 2018, 22:21:16
I want to see NO MORE TOUCHSCREENS on any and all laptops going forward.   Just a useless checkbox marketing item that causes hugely annoying screen reflections.

Cut it out.  We don't need this junk.   Leave that stuff on tablets and keep it off the laptops.
I simply used a piece of AR plastic film, my touchscreen still generally works as intended(can't confirm that because I hardly used it before applying the film, but I feel that it works) and there's much less glare.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview