News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The iPhone XR is 25% faster than the fastest Android phones in Geekbench 4

Started by Redaktion, October 28, 2018, 17:18:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The iPhone XR scored about 25% better than Android's best in Geekbench 4's multi-core benchmark. While this is impressive on paper (considering that the $750 iPhone XR is cheaper than most Android flagships), there is much more to consider when buying a phone than synthetic benchmarks and raw specs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-iPhone-XR-is-25-faster-than-the-fastest-Android-phones-in-Geekbench-4.347051.0.html

OLd SNeaKy

Oh wow Apple great job with that hideous dongled monstrosity. Now I can make phone calls and text 25% faster and  I can be even more productive when I lay around naked all day taking selfies and pretending I'm actually doing something important or relevant!

S.Yu

"While benchmarks give us a good idea of how fast a phone can be under optimal conditions"
Quite an ignorant remark. See Anandtech's run of Spec2006, which shows a much larger single core advantage of the A12. Geekbench is bottlenecked elsewhere and can't accurately reflect the performance gap between top modern SoCs (CPUs, specifically).

fasddsadasdas

What a misleading article,  LOL.
What about the shitty screen with 720P resolution on the iphone? I think that is a MUCH bigger problem than the 25% worse performance of the top Android devices. 720P+ on a 6.1 inch phone looks like a Nokia 3110. Don't care about the soc if the image is as good as a CRT TV from 2000.

S.Yu

Quote from: fasddsadasdas on October 29, 2018, 11:56:55
What a misleading article,  LOL.
What about the shitty screen with 720P resolution on the iphone? I think that is a MUCH bigger problem than the 25% worse performance of the top Android devices. 720P+ on a 6.1 inch phone looks like a Nokia 3110. Don't care about the soc if the image is as good as a CRT TV from 2000.
Your post is more misleading, iPhones have had subpixel rendering since...as long as I can remember, they most certainly look sharper than the pixel density suggests and will look nothing like that Nokia.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview