News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apparently, DxOMark hasn't published the Mate 20 Pro's camera review because the device's scores would cause havoc

Started by Redaktion, October 28, 2018, 13:32:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Mate 20 Pro was released a short while ago but its DxOMark review is yet to be seen. Sources claim that the report hasn't been published yet because the Mate 20 Pro's scores were just too high and Huawei believes releasing that information to the public would do more harm than good.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apparently-DxOMark-hasn-t-published-the-Mate-20-Pro-s-camera-review-because-the-device-s-scores-would-cause-havoc.347011.0.html

S.Yu

"the Mate 20 Pro's scores were just too high and **Huawei** believes releasing that information to the public would do more harm than good"

So **Huawei** has the final word on whether or not DxO releases a score?
Right, why am I not surprised.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: S.Yu on October 28, 2018, 18:26:34
"the Mate 20 Pro's scores were just too high and **Huawei** believes releasing that information to the public would do more harm than good"

So **Huawei** has the final word on whether or not DxO releases a score?
Right, why am I not surprised.

I believe DxOMark reviews are paid. OEMs pay DxOMark to--hopefully objectively--review their devices.

S.Yu

As do I, but objectiveness should come with a basic requirement that all scores generated must be published whether the paying party likes it or not.

Erik

That comment absolutely nails it: DXOMark is not independent, since Huawei can stop publication of test results.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview