News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP 17 (Ryzen 5 2500U, FHD, IPS, Vega 8) Review

Started by Redaktion, October 24, 2018, 22:35:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD-only. After some mixed reviews of their first version HP has now released a new HP 17 with all-out AMD components and an IPS panel. It does certainly offer some improvements, but does not come without any backlash.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-17-Ryzen-5-2500U-FHD-IPS-Vega-8-Review.346116.0.html

william blake

the type of laptop i need.
4 cores for a streaming possibility
17 ips ofcourse
im ok if speakers are bad i can attach speakers with a greater quality than any inner speakers
im ok with usb-c absence, its nice to have it but if no choice fak it, ill buy it.
keyboard/pad/backlit? i dont care, its a home machine most of the time and my keyboard and mouse 10x times better anyway.
battery is irrelevant for desktop replacement.
BUT
loud cooling while just surfing in a quiet night room is ABSOLUTELY unappropriate.
how much to dissipate, 5w, 10w? is it really that difficult? what the hell is that?

Petcu Eduard

Hi guys! I have a new HP Pavilion 17-ab406nq that has the same display. My question is, your icc profile should be so warm? It's like green-ish, yellow, sooo much. Have I done something wrong? Or is it normal!

Thank you!

jojo_pl

If you start a notebook on battery (no AC) then CPU clock lock to 380-400MHz. Restart and OK.
Changes battery plans - no positive resultats.
Why? Nobody knows.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview