News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Latest HP Spectre 15 x360 redesign drops Kaby Lake-G in favor of the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q

Started by Redaktion, October 23, 2018, 22:00:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Talk about a short life cycle. While Kaby Lake-G is nowhere to be found, the chassis has been updated with even narrower bezels (5.55 mm vs. 6.3 mm) and a visually unique 45-degree USB Type-C port. A new configuration with an Intel Coffee Lake-H CPU and GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q graphics will supplant the experimental Core i7-8705G CPU and Radeon RX Vega M GL GPU configuration released earlier this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Latest-HP-Spectre-15-x360-redesign-drops-Kaby-Lake-G-in-favor-of-the-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-Max-Q.338620.0.html

DavidC1

Remember the theory it was due to Nvidia blocking KBL-G it wasn't getting used by manufacturers?

Now we have proof it wasn't because of that.

Kabylake-G is not an excellent product. Despite being on-package, the battery life is same/worse than a discrete GPU product. The whole system also costs so much that you can get same performance out of a laptop with a discrete GPU.

Going with a discrete GPU option also allows you to have 6 core Coffeelake, rather than outdated 4 core Kabylake.

Nvidia sucks doing the shady locking out competitors, but not every fault should be attributed to them.

Browny

700 nits FHD screen, centered keyboard and touchpad, and a few extra ports. Incorporate your EliteBook features into the Spectre and they would sell much more. Damn it HP!

Rayben

By next year this will be already outdated when the GTX 20 series and new AMD chips begin pouring in. What HP really needs is Patience (and better thermals).

Felix Evers

So in the specsheet you posted here it says that the screen can get as bright as 650 nits, which is a major improvement over the previous generation. However I was not able to find that information anywhere else. Even in the DELL marketing material it didnt show up, while it is something they would certainly brag about. So can anybody confirm this? I'm right now considering to jump on the kabylake G version as there are pretty good deals happening right now

Browny

@Felix Evers:
Current gen KabyLake-G and i7-8550U Spectre x360 15 uses a 330 nits (1000:1 contrast, 90% sRGB) display.

The new Spectre with i7-8750H and 1050 Ti will probably have the same screen. 4k UHD 650 nits is what HP uses for their EliteBook and ZBook line of premium laptops. It is unlikely they would include that in the mainstream Spectre and sell them for lower price than their business laptops.

Felix Evers

@Browny

Yeah thats what I thought as well. And if they would include it, it would certainly be used as a selling point to choose this over the XPS line and not ignored in their marketing material.

AA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview