News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 9570's DPC latency issue should be fixed soon

Started by Redaktion, October 22, 2018, 14:27:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

At first glance, the Dell XPS 15 9570 is a good choice for those who are looking for a powerful yet portable machine to use for music production. Sadly, a DPC latency issue makes it unsuitable for this task, but Frank Azor has just confirmed that the company is working on fixing this issue, so it should be patched soon.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-9570-s-DPC-latency-issue-should-be-fixed-soon.341436.0.html

DellUser

No, it won't be fixed in the near future (if ever). The "we are aware of this and we are working on a solution" kind of response is a typical answer that Dell has been using for ages to make the people stop complaining.

Codrut Nistor

I would agree with you if this wasn't Frank Azor speaking. The guy does not promise stuff that never comes too life... at least most of the time. Let's hope - for the sake of the music-making Dell XPS users - that this time he is right and you are wrong. ;)

Joe Blow

Teun

I will buy an XPS 15 once they start using the GTX 1070max q in it with a new cooling system. Should be do able with a redesign. The 4 year old design needs a revamp. Only then will I shell out 2K € for a laptop.

Browny

@Teun:
It's not really an XPS if it undergoes the change that you're asking for. Dell's own Alienware M15 is closer to what you describe, as well as similar portable + powerful laptops like Aero 15, GS65, Blade 15 etc.

Flee

I purchased this for Audio purposes.  I didn't notice the latency issue but I did return due to the noise induced into my Tascam 4x4 USB interface when Power Brick is plugged in.  Lots of static when moving the mouse cursor around the screen and when any of the screen is updated.  (ie. levels changing or audio graphing).  It was even recorded into the audio track.  Could not live with it.   My older HP Pavilion dv7 doesn't do that!

Lovejazz

ethan

I agree it'd be best to wait for next gen xps 15, when it adopts the new cooling design already in the 2-in-1 9575, but even if it comes out early next year, I don't think it'll be obtainable for $2K with 32GB/1TB+, and it may take some more time before it drops to that range?

Sjakie

There seems to be some movement... yesterday Azor answered a tweet related to this question:

" @maknelly90 can keep you updated on our progress. We are working on improving it and getting close to a solution. "

FrancoARod

So far no progress on this matter. Update 1.7.0 did nothing to solve it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview