News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Rare Intel Core i7-8706G Kaby Lake-G processor is almost as fast as the Core i5-8300H

Started by Redaktion, October 17, 2018, 04:56:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

CineBench benchmarks show the quad-core Core i7-8706G to be just 9 percent behind the Core i5-8300H in the latest XPS 15 9570. This processor is currently not available on any mass market consumer laptop and can only be found on the Precision 5530 2-in-1 workstation for now.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Rare-Intel-Core-i7-8706G-Kaby-Lake-G-processor-is-almost-as-fast-as-the-Core-i5-8300H.338748.0.html

adam.mt

Since the specs are the same for the CPU (except vPro) does this not mean it's the thermal characteristics of the laptops you tested that explain the difference?

Dimitar Atanasov

I have Dell Precision 5530 2-in-1, interesting enough is that in ThrottleStop there is available overclock of the CPU +7, and I am able to set all core boost to 3.9 with no problem, with undervolt, result is stady 840 in Cinebench with around 85 degree on CPU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview