News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Smartphone manufacturers need to stop marketing inaccurate product renders

Started by Redaktion, October 08, 2018, 09:00:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Narrow bezels are all the range these days—so much so that some OEMs have been overtly exaggerating their claims through marketing material. We want users to be aware of deceiving product shots that are seemingly becoming more commonplace amongst smartphone manufacturers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Smartphone-manufacturers-need-to-stop-marketing-inaccurate-product-renders.337296.0.html

nmrshll

QuoteIf you've ever run into or suspected a faux product shot

I have yet to find a chinese brand that doesn't do that. Also they've been calling their device bezel-less for years now even when they still had huge bezels on all sides.
It annoys me a lot, but it probably works and they know they don't have to stop.

mixedfish

It's not just the Chinese manufacturers. Apple and Samsung do this as well, albeit Apple started doing this first. They cut the camera hump down flush to the body when it reality the hum adds up to 1mm to the thickness.

Raz

Well....the X iphones and their cherrypicked marketing wallpapers to hide that notch which looks like a big mole.

Thats the 1st i'd say that started it. I would not be surprised if they photoshoped the images from the website/launch event...the notch is completely invisible there

Kreemer

Thanks for this.

It's really not right for them to do this.

Some of them are really not even the same product advertised.

I hope someone somewhere has the courage to sue.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview