News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Disabling ULPS may reduce GPU throttling on Kaby Lake G based HP Spectre x360 systems and more

Started by Redaktion, October 07, 2018, 06:30:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In our HP Spectre x360 review, we found that GPU performance was very poor in games, where it often throttled down to 400 MHz, less than half of its rated clock speed. Thankfully, there is a solution that should prevent such throttling.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Disabling-ULPS-may-reduce-GPU-throttling-on-Kaby-Lake-G-based-HP-Spectre-x360-systems-and-more.337158.0.html

Sukhoi

I'm going to assume ULPS does the same thing for Vega M as it does for the standalone GCN chips. Consequently, disabling it would prevent the Vega part of Kaby-G from actually shutting down

ch

Bipartisan_Integral

Just some advice to the person who owns this, it's possible to get the GPU to run at 1011MHz, which is it's actual boost clock. This is done by installing one of the older Intel DPTF drivers on HP's website.

intel dptf (windows 10 v1803) 8.3.10208.5644

I have this working on my system at the moment.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview