News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Panos Panay justifies the absence of USB Type-C on the new Surface devices

Started by Redaktion, October 06, 2018, 13:43:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Panos Panay opened up on why the Surface Pro 6 and Surface Laptop 2 lack a USB Type-C port while the Surface Studio 2, Surface Go, and even the Surface Headphones have one such port. Panay insisted that USB Type-C will not be at the expense of the traditional USB Type-A port, which still is the connector of choice for most USB devices today. The Type-C connector will eventually make it into future devices but Microsoft is in no hurry to make it happen.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Panos-Panay-justifies-the-absence-of-USB-Type-C-on-the-new-Surface-devices.337032.0.html

splus

What an idiot. His "explanation" just makes me pissed off.
The real and honest reason for absence of USB C port is just laziness, nothing more.

MrSatyre

I've only ever had one device which natively features a USB-C port: my phone. Everything else I use at home, the office and on the road is USB-A and D. When a "must have" computer peripheral like a keyboard or an external HDD only use USB-C, then I'll maaaaaybe consider getting concerned or upset. In the meantime, I have plenty of adapter cables just for my phone.

S.Yu

tizio

What a coincidence. I've been justifying not switching from Mac to Windows for years because they won't use USB C either.

splus

@MrSatyre
If you're buying a new laptop now you're not only looking if you need a USB C NOW, but if you'll need it in the next 3-5 years, depending on how long you plan to keep the laptop. That makes releasing a new laptop without USB C pointless.
Even if you don't need USB C now, you'll most likely need it in a year or two, and you'll be glad to have it in your laptop.

MOFO

What a stupid excuse,  you expect me to believe they couldn't squeeze a  usb c port in because they would have to sacrifice the other port, why not both?
It's not like it takes up a lot of space and it's already a expensive device so why not throw one in .

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview