News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Elite x2 1013 G3 (i5-8350U, SSD, 3k) 2-in-1 Review

Started by Redaktion, October 03, 2018, 23:30:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Complete redesign. Hewlett-Packard's Elite x2 1013 G3 is a 13-inch 2-in-1 equipped with a powerful quad-core CPU, two Thunderbolt 3 ports, a 3:2 3k display, an active stylus, and a keyboard dock.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Elite-x2-1013-G3-i5-8350U-SSD-3k-2-in-1-Review.336734.0.html

joe

Digitalguy

At last a review of this product!
As a (happy) owner of G1 I would add to the cons lack of USB A. Also I am skeptikal about the resolution.... The 1280p screen is beautiful and with a 50wh battery would have been an energiser bunny... But marketing....

David Engineer

I am a new owner of the X2 1013 G3 i7 2-in-1 machine.  I previously used the Microsoft Surface Pro product line, including the 2017 model.  I can say that the new HP is very similar in performance and quality to the Microsoft product.  However, the larger screen is a godsend for me, as the 12" screens have become too small for me.  Moreover, I was able to max out this built with the LTE option for traveling.  I had hoped Microsoft would release a large Surface Pro with LTE.  Since they didn't, I bought on from HP.  My biggest complaint about this new machine is the crap-ware that is loaded with the factory image.  It makes the machine useless.  After many days of random crashes, I gave up and did a clean install of Windows 10 from USB.  Microsoft installed all the requisite drivers with the OS.  The machine has been flawless since. 

Raibel Alvarado

Can it really have a SIM card retroactively instaled? I've been digging around this topic and found the following:

1. The WWAN antenna isn't included in the model you show. WWAN antenna must be on top of the laptop at the left of the front camera, but according the picture you showed there isn't.

2. There's a SIM tray in the board, but is it really enabled to work? looking in YouTube on how to replace the WWAN the SIM card bay is different than the one you showed in your pictures. I woundn't be so sure of it.

It would be great if somebody that knows about the motherboard of your model can confirm this.

I do own a this laptop, but it has the I5-8250U processor so I can't be sure as well if my model supports the LTE connectivity by installing an antenna and the WWAN card.

Best regards,

Codeplayer

Thermal camera heatmap and real image are totally off. Its funny how no one knows how to use or configure these devices. Even people who you'd like to be professional.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview