News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP EliteBook 1050 G1 (i7-8750H, 4K, GTX 1050 Max-Q) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, September 20, 2018, 23:17:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell's XPS 15 receives a lot of attention that other manufacturers would like to receive as well. Naturally, HP would also like to compete with Dell's premium laptop. So HP has introduced a device that aims to impress with a unibody case, business features, and powerful components in the market. Find out in our extensive review, whether the new EliteBook 1050 G1 succeeds in this.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-EliteBook-1050-G1-i7-8750H-4K-GTX-1050-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.333328.0.html

undervolter0x0309

Another day, another thermal throttled laptop. What a bad joke. These heatsinks are cosmetic at best.

KillerDiller

Thank you for another excellent review as usual.

With these specs, I would buy it for maybe a starting price of $1,000. BUT,

-$100 for zero business features including trackpoint, 180 hinge, gigabit ethernet, WWAN, etc on a "business laptop".
-$100 for the worst cooling system design effectively preventing me from using the laptop on my lap or anywhere on my body or with a mouse.
-$100 for abominable keyboard layout.
-$100 for dreadful sustained performance and throttling.
-$100 for high-pitched speakers, coil whine and fan noise. and
-$100 for... being HP - Horrifying Products.

Which comes down to... $400.

Now that is a tough one. I'll have to think about it.

anon

Where is the second M.2 NVMe slot? Also, is the Wi-Fi card soldered or replaceable? Sorry but the picture is hard to make out.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview