News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Qualcomm Snapdragon 8180 for Windows 10 on ARM shows up on Geekbench

Started by Redaktion, August 29, 2018, 16:49:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Geekbench entry has surfaced for a new Qualcomm SoC and a closer examination reveals that this is indeed the Snapdragon 8180 SoC that was rumored to be in development exclusively for Windows 10 on ARM notebooks. The Snapdragon 8180 was originally referred to as the Snapdragon 1000 and it offers a higher 15W TDP envelope to power typical mainstream computing tasks. The initial benchmark scores, however, are not very convincing.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-8180-for-Windows-10-on-ARM-shows-up-on-Geekbench.327220.0.html

DavidC1

1300 Geekbench in ST is not far away from Apollo Lake's performance. Gemini Lake, however is a massive advancement from the predecessor.

So it would serve well for Intel to continually developing its little cores at a rapid pace. Then let the compatibility issues and uneven performance brought on by emulation from ARM from entering the market.

The same happened many years ago when Alpha with its massive native performance advantage used binary translation to run Windows NT and applications. Then Intel brought the Pentium Pro which started Alpha's native performance in some areas. That killed Alpha's chance on x86 entirely.

Entering a brand new market is very difficult without having a massive advantage.

Pro

One cannot rely on Geekbench to make useful conclusions. I like to compare processors but these benches disappoint me. Worse is, tech journalism has adopted them. I would let my cat say what chip is faster than rely on them.
Practically with the likes of Antutu , geekbench and other "modern" benches, we are left with no useful info for new chips at hand, barring any merciful proper analysis by "old school" geeks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview