News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel launches Whiskey Lake-U and Amber Lake-Y CPUs with focus on enhanced mobile connectivity

Started by Redaktion, August 28, 2018, 22:01:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel is announcing new 'Whiskey Lake-U' and 'Amber Lake-Y--series processors as successors to last year's 8th gen 'Kaby Lake-R' U-series and 7th gen 'Kaby Lake-Y' CPUs. These new CPUs will continue to be a part of the 8th generation family and feature improvements to connectivity and battery life. The 15W 'Whiskey Lake-U' series starts with the Core i3-8145U and goes all the way till the Core i7-8565U while the 5W 'Amber Lake-Y' series starts with the Core m3-8100Y and tops out with the Core i7-8500Y. All processors feature support for Hyperthreading and their PCHs sport integrated USB 3.1 and Gigabit Wi-Fi controllers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-launches-Whiskey-Lake-U-and-Amber-Lake-Y-CPUs-with-focus-on-enhanced-mobile-connectivity.325710.0.html

A.

I believe that the article should mention explicitly that USB 3.1 support finally provides Gen.2, unlike the previous controllers that were limited to Gen.1.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview