News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Ideapad 720S-15IKB (i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q, SSD 512 GB) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, August 26, 2018, 12:29:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Multimedia oddball. Lenovo has outfitted the first 15-inch laptop in their 700 series with exotic hardware, including an i7-7700HQ with a TDP reduced to 35 watts and a 1050 Ti Max-Q. The contender has a lot to offer—a great display, long battery life—but the proverbial fly in the ointment could be a no-go for some people.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Ideapad-720S-15IKB-i7-7700HQ-GTX-1050-Ti-Max-Q-SSD-512-GB-Laptop-Review.325468.0.html

Guys seriously? This flagship model came out in last December and since the hexa-core release it has been outdated for a few months now.

You are 9 months too late.

passenger

Yes. But are there other alternatives to this price that have this performance, this weight, this display quality, and this design quality?

woxing

Been waiting forever

Thanks for the review!

Shame about the thermals / throttling on this thing, hopefully the X1 Extreme and Legion Y730 will be better.

Lenovo seems to be taking their sweet a** time releasing these machines tho. :'(

woah

Worthy Dell XPS competito... oh wait Lenovo cheap prehistoric cooling solution and throttling.

nefrusy

I bought this laptop in January, but the i7-7300HQ model (cheapest, $950 at the time).  It's been a perfect fit for my needs, which is primary web browsing / office type stuff, and portable gaming on weekends.  It's definitely not a desktop replacement, but the light weight and cool / quiet design are perfect for actually using it on my lap.  This makes a great compliment to a desktop PC, rather than a replacement.

In terms of the raw power, the i7-7300HQ is probably the best fit for this chassis.  I undervolted it, and get consistent clocks out of it.  I've heard that the 7700HQ plus the UHD screen can actually cause it to draw more power than the brick is capable of providing.  I could see the cooling solution being too small for the max power as well, but I haven't had problems with the less powerful 7300.

nefrusy

Sorry, meant to say i5-7300HQ... doesn't have hyperthreading.

Quote from: nefrusy on August 28, 2018, 23:10:24
I bought this laptop in January, but the i7-7300HQ model (cheapest, $950 at the time).  It's been a perfect fit for my needs, which is primary web browsing / office type stuff, and portable gaming on weekends.  It's definitely not a desktop replacement, but the light weight and cool / quiet design are perfect for actually using it on my lap.  This makes a great compliment to a desktop PC, rather than a replacement.

In terms of the raw power, the i7-7300HQ is probably the best fit for this chassis.  I undervolted it, and get consistent clocks out of it.  I've heard that the 7700HQ plus the UHD screen can actually cause it to draw more power than the brick is capable of providing.  I could see the cooling solution being too small for the max power as well, but I haven't had problems with the less powerful 7300.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview