News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Shadow of the Tomb Raider gameplay on the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti showcases the grandeur of ray tracing but with worrying concerns

Started by Redaktion, August 21, 2018, 18:07:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A few outlets managed to run a demo of the Shadow of the Tomb Raider on the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and the initial impressions seem to be a bit dampening with ray tracing turned on. The game was shown to hover in the 30 fps range in 1080p and struggled to reach 60 fps. A demo without ray tracing was not shown but it should understandably result in a huge performance difference.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-gameplay-on-the-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-showcases-the-grandeur-of-ray-tracing-but-with-worrying-concerns.323916.0.html

I agree

I agree, best to hold off until reviews are seen on these Turing cards, but I'm not expecting more than about 25% increase in raw frames per second increase on non ray traced games.  I'm also expecting ray tracing implementations to run at low fps, in other words 60fps and below.  Seeing as I have a 144Hz monitor ray tracing doesn't hold interest for me (because it won't reach 144 fps with ray tracing), so I'll probably jump on the architecture following Turing where they will be on 7nm and have fine tuned their ray tracing capabilities as well as a large bump in non ray tracing performance.

I'm impressed with the new architecture in terms of Ray Tracing and what this means for the future of gaming - I think it will become an established thing in future games, but I don't think the hardware (& software) is really there yet for it, I think this will come with the next architecture after Turing - therefore approx year 2020 might be where it's at for my next GPU upgrade (from GTX 1070).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview