News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First AMD Ryzen fanless mini PCs are here

Started by Redaktion, August 20, 2018, 21:59:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While the mini PC market is clearly dominated by Intel, AMD is now trying to steal some market share, at least in the ULV sector. The embedded version of AMD's Ryzen CPUs come with up to 4 cores / 8-threads and can integrate up to 32 GB of RAM plus up to 1 TB SSD storage. The mini PC cases are fanless and also resistant to dust and shocks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-AMD-Ryzen-fanless-mini-PCs-are-here.323836.0.html

Max M.

Who needs 4 Display ports, 2 Ethernet ports, and an old VGA port?

Ditch the VGA, ditch the extra Ethernet port, and ditch 2 of the 4 Display ports for 2 HDMI ports, and two additional USB 3 ports.

Oh yeah, trade the V1605B (CPU Base Freq. 2 GHz) for a V1807B (CPU Base Freq. 3.35 GHz)

Then you have yourself a deal, in fact I would purchase 3 of them today.

Airbag

QuoteWho needs 4 Display ports, 2 Ethernet ports, and an old VGA port?

Ditch the VGA, ditch the extra Ethernet port, and ditch 2 of the 4 Display ports for 2 HDMI ports, and two additional USB 3 ports.

Oh yeah, trade the V1605B (CPU Base Freq. 2 GHz) for a V1807B (CPU Base Freq. 3.35 GHz)

Then you have yourself a deal, in fact I would purchase 3 of them today.

That's a serial port not a VGA port. I do agree on ditching 1 or 2 of the Dports for a HDMI. But a VGA port would be useful too for other situations. And higher frequency would mean that the passive heatsink would not be enough to dissipate the heat generated.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview