News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

You need the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 to play World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth in 1080p at 60 fps

Started by Redaktion, August 02, 2018, 16:00:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is not going to bring any major changes in the graphics department, NVIDA recommends a GeForce GTX 1060 to fully enjoy the game in high detail and 60 frames per second at 1,920 x 1,080 pixels. The GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 are required to properly run the game at 2,560 x 1,440 and 3,840 x 2,160.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/You-need-the-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-to-play-World-of-Warcraft-Battle-for-Azeroth-in-1080p-at-60-fps.320298.0.html

azerothhero

Same with me yesterday. Bought new laptop with GTX 1050 Ti and i thought it is a overkill for WoW. Then NVIDIA expirience ruined my day.

dsfasd

LOL, bullcr@p. I can play Wow with Intel integrated graphics 4400 and a i7 4510 CPU at low/medium settings. Is this another trick by Nvidia to boost GPU sales?

Brexit4Germany

Why do you need a high end graphics card to play a simple card game that can run on a cheap phone a few weeks later?

jnrfalcon7

At maximum settings yes, but for playability, not really. Particle density is one of a more important setting that you'd want it to be higher, but it does kill any mid to mid-high tier graphic cards when there's a lot of smoke/fog/dust on the screen. View distance is another killer, for CPU though, to generate objects from afar, but also cause GPU problem since there's more objects to draw and render. If you find a sweet spot, it's not that demanding. I was able to play it on my XPS 15 9560 with 1050 notebook version at 4k and get around 50 fps on average, that is not in raid though. And as for AA, if you have a small enough 4k screen, or it is far enough from your eye, you don't need AA at all...

Toliman

I have the i5-6600k and a GTX970 with 24gb RAM, it runs BfA in 4k at around 30-35fps.

IMO 20fps is playable, anything above that is just nice to have. Raid/Dungeon FPS is usually half what you get in outdoor / city areas.

I would say that the specs are about right for 60fps. But you don't "need" 16gb, the game only loads around 3-4gb in RAM

so you can probably get by with less memory and an SSD game drive (which costs less than 16GB RAM), maybe even Optane SSD's if it gets to be cheaper.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview