News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P1: Additional pictures of the upcoming workstation surfaced

Started by Redaktion, August 01, 2018, 22:15:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Its still not clear when Lenovo will announce the upcoming ThinkPad P1 – but an official release might be in sight, as two new official renders of the ThinkPad P1, a thinner 15-inch workstation laptop, have appeared on the internet.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P1-Additional-pictures-of-the-upcoming-workstation-surfaced.320232.0.html

Finally

I really hope the cooling will be better and quieter than on the Dell XPS 15 9570, and that there will be PCIe 4x lanes, normal sized SD card reader and full speed NVMe 2280 support.

I have my fingers crossed that the keyboard is as good as on the T480 and had not been sized in a weird way.

The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (G6, 2018) is quieter than the Dell XPS 13 9370 which is wonderful especially because they effectively have the same speed and allow decent undervolting for further fan noise reduction.

Too late, Lenovo

It's a shame that this product won't use the newer Nvidia GPUs such as the GTX 1150/1150 Ti.

I have no idea why Lenovo continues to milks their customer base with products that launch half a year after their main competitors.

Once the other brands figure out how to make decent keyboards, ThinkPads no longer have any competitive edge.

Also, very irritating swapped Fn and Ctrl buttons. Bravo.
Still, grade E for Effort.

Dario

The Fn and Ctrl keys have always been in that same position.

You pass yourself off as some type of an expert with the comment on Lenovo but aren't even aware that the placement has always been the same.

You can also change it in the BIOS.  I know, what a huge issue.

Dario

Also, Lenovo is very often one of the first to release models with newest Intel processors.  Case in point the most recent 8th gen ones.

If they aligned their release cycle with GPU releases, you'd be complaining they're always 6 months behind everyone else in including the latest CPUs.  Always complaining...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview