News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell G3 15 3579 (i5-8300H, GTX 1050, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, August 01, 2018, 02:45:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Value-oriented. The new Dell G series caters to gamers on tighter budgets who may find the Alienware series to be out of reach. While core performance remains intact, the cut corners for this inexpensive offering add up quickly.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-G3-15-3579-i5-8300H-GTX-1050-FHD-Laptop-Review.318308.0.html

NikoB

Why do marketers do such terrible things as turning USB 3.0 ports (3.1) into 2.0? When will these b*stards be beaten by the engineers of the company and ignored by their debility orders? What prevented to put on the right 2 USB 3.1? They are in the chipset by native support and have free ports in PCH.

Why does the world slide into making such terrible decisions, in spite of the fact that it's worth + 30$ to choose a normal IPS (90%+ sRGB and 300+ nit) for price installed "IPS", and the USB-c port (+ DP1.2) is a couple of cents, like the USB 3.0 pair on the right side...

Joe K

One question – I installed the .icm profile from this article on my Dell G3 3579, and it looks... off?

It looks almost as if Night Light mode was on. Contrast is lower and the whites are more yellowish compared to the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile.

What could be happening here? I know I might just be too used to the too-blue configuration that I had before, but... I'm not sure.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview