News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga (i5-8250U, FHD) Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, July 22, 2018, 03:41:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Bikram Yoga. The ThinkPad X380 Yoga steps back into the limelight, this time with a less powerful processor. Despite the reduction in clock speed, the i5 variant still sweats under pressure. This and other small shortcomings make for a good package with some small flaws.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X380-Yoga-i5-8250U-FHD-Convertible-Review.316442.0.html

Martin Guy

Hey, just wondering, is the TB3 port in this laptop 4 lane or just 2x? It's really hard to find clear info on this anywhere...

Dekurt

@Martin Guy:

X1 and P series have TB3 with PCIe x4, the rest of the Thinkpads have x2. Look up Thunderbolt controllers and you'll be able to readily identify for most laptops.

firsthuman

I can not confirm the cpu test results.
I checked my x380 Yoga i5-8250U (20LH000RMS) with Cinebench R15.0 and it scored always around 300 points or less (with a package temperature mostly around only 59 °C). The Thinkpad was on AC and with newest drivers and BIOS (R0SET32W 1.16).
In HWiNFO64 PL1 Power Limit is only 7W, way below the TDP of 15W (PL2 is 17W).
I tried to enable 15W for PL1 with Intel XTU and with ThrottleStop. However, it was impossible to change it. Also, no differences in Cinebench or HwiNFO.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview