News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Your 1440p QHD monitor might be actually housing a 4K UHD panel

Started by Redaktion, June 26, 2018, 10:24:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Surprising as it may seem, there is every possibility that the QHD monitor that you are using right now might in fact be a 4K panel. Supply shortages mean that OEMs could simply install a 4K panel, which are now almost as expensive or even cheaper than QHD panels and still be able to limit the output resolution via firmware. But how does one know whether the monitor has a native QHD panel or a 4K panel and does it affect regular usage?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Your-1440p-QHD-monitor-might-be-actually-housing-a-4K-UHD-panel.310986.0.html

Carine

The sharpness of my LG 34UC98w is bad compared to my Dell U2715.
I checked online the pixelpitch in the techsheet of the LG 34UC98w after reading this article and it says 0.2325 mm x 0.2325 mm, so this is correct for a QHD.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Carine on June 28, 2018, 15:12:08
The sharpness of my LG 34UC98w is bad compared to my Dell U2715.
I checked online the pixelpitch in the techsheet of the LG 34UC98w after reading this article and it says 0.2325 mm x 0.2325 mm, so this is correct for a QHD.

There are other factors that might influence the sharpness of the display as well, not just the pixel size. If the Dell monitor is showing better sharpness at the same resolution using the same cable, then it could be that there is some issue with the monitor itself.

Ryan B.

I have a question in relation to this topic regarding the Ps4 Pro. I am curious, as my QHD monitor is accepting a 4k signal with my Ps4 Pro. Would it then be downscaling the the 4k signal to QHD as apposed to the monitor being incompatible because it's not 4k therefore being at 1080p? I know that Ps4 Pro do not accept playing at a 1440p resolution normally. Would appreciate a perspective on this thanks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview