News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The long-rumored Microsoft Andromeda device could use the next-gen Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000 chip

Started by Redaktion, June 24, 2018, 12:12:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While most rumors that we heard so far mentioned an ARM processor, new ones reveal that the upcoming foldable Windows 10 device will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000, a chip that was specifically created for Windows on ARM devices. Also known as the Surface Phone, the Andromeda still needs to be confirmed by Microsoft.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-long-rumored-Microsoft-Andromeda-device-could-use-the-next-gen-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-1000-chip.310652.0.html

C for Cortana?

I believe that windows mobile was the best system ever made. That said though, lack of adoption and a not so good (clearly) business model killed the platform, not to mention those grumpy developers.
I use a Lumia 520, yes, that one, and despite the broken screen and a missing power button the device serves me fine. i do plan to upgrade to a certain 9xx Lumia before summer kicks in, hopefully, so yes. The prospects of a Surface Phone are very tempting. Boy would that be a dream come true. The Project Andromeda though, well they will have to convince me on its use cases for me to jump into it. But I pray that one of the big guys inside the Redmond Giant would push the company to build a range of surface phones. Valid dreams? or failed thoughts.

Jona

Quote from: C for Cortana? on June 25, 2018, 07:05:09
I believe that windows mobile was the best system ever made...

To be precise, the system on Lumia 520 is Windows Phone. Windows Mobile is the even older system on phones like HTC HD2.
While I agree that Windows and Lumia phones are great, the lack of adoption and developers only have Microsoft to blame.
As a Microsoft fan, I too wish to see Surface Phone coming back to market some day. And hopefully, they'll sort out the business model right this time.
- A previous Lumia 920 and HTC 7 Mozart owner.

Steven van der Bles

I can't wait for it to come........
My Lumia 950 (best phone ever) is broken and while waiting for the Andromeda/Surface phone I use a S5 from Samsung.
Everyday I'm more convinced to buy de new device at the first day of its release.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview