News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Exit from the PC market: Toshiba sells its laptop-business to Sharp

Started by Redaktion, June 05, 2018, 19:40:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It was a long time coming: Laptop pioneer Toshiba wants to sell its laptop business and it has found a buyer. Sharp, a subsidiary of the huge ODM Foxconn, will buy the business for a comparably low price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Exit-from-the-PC-market-Toshiba-sells-its-laptop-business-to-Sharp.307914.0.html

João Castro

Sad News Folks.

They once wore the reliable machines money could buy.

Still got my L500d 10 years today i bought it brand new. Still runs Fine, the chargers dont last 3years! ahhaha, probably on my 4th battery replacement cycle :D :D :)

jeremy

Quote from: João Castro on December 10, 2018, 22:48:56
Sad News Folks.

They once wore the reliable machines money could buy.

Still got my L500d 10 years today i bought it brand new. Still runs Fine, the chargers dont last 3years! ahhaha, probably on my 4th battery replacement cycle :D :D :)

Reliable, probably. In the US, their consumer support was atrocious garbage. Maybe their corporate support was better, but that's hard to gauge as a consumer.

Cdanielj80

I will always have fond memories of my older Toshiba laptops from the early 2000s-mid 2010s. They were rock solid reliable and coming from someone that owned them all, it had the best trackpad, best keyboard, best updates, all at a price that was way better on the wallet than the bigger brands. Very sad to find out today they exited the PC business, but I knew something had been seeming off at Walmart for sometime.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview