News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop (i5-7300HQ, GTX 1060, Full HD) Review

Started by Redaktion, May 31, 2018, 02:24:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Insider tip. The Chinese electronics manufacturer which was known in the past mainly for its smartphones now offers a powerful high-end notebook for its home market. The Mi Gaming Laptop scores with an especially good price-performance ratio. For less than 1500 Euros (~$1732), you can get a GeForce GTX 1060, a quad-core-CPU, and a Full HD panel. Is it worth importing?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Mi-Gaming-Laptop-i5-7300HQ-GTX-1060-Full-HD-Review.306084.0.html

Imglidinhere

I don't understand this rating system. You completely ignore the pricing of other options while asking 'is it worth importing'?

Seriously, you can get the Dell Inspiron G7 with an i7-8750H and a 1060 Max-Q with a 256GB SSD for $1080 shipped from their website. Exactly what makes THIS machine more attractive than the Dell and why is the score an 85%?

You seriously need to revise this system. You have the greatest level of analysis for reviews... but your ratings need some serious work. A 70% is considered trash-garbage but a 90% is considered amazing? Seriously?

Helium007

Well, its true. Many reviews are becoming quite a lot affected by personal opinion.

When tiping laptop for my friends or colleages, I strongly depend on notebookcheck.net reviews. Usually Repair / Upgrade section is quite important for me. I REALLY LIKE that reviewers consider a bad thing if laptop is extremely difficult to repair or upgrade and mention that in Verdict.
But, see e.g. Macbook or Surface reviews... Not any tiny mention of that these laptops are technically unrepairable and devices get hugely positive review! Looks like reviewers got halucinated by Apple and Micro$oft.

M2017

@ Imglidinhere

How can be this low performing jet engine "more attractive"???

blahc

QuoteIf you take a look into our Top-10 list of the best affordable gaming notebooks, you can quickly see that
it is outdated? non relevant?
its owner should should be fired?

César Gonçalo Lima

"Imglidinhere":

Dude, you have to take in account that Dell is only cheap in USA. In Europe you pay 1400 Euros for Dell 7577. Thus, for this price, I really think this laptop deserves 85. GT1060 with i5-7300 with a decent chassis for only ~1000 euros? Show me a better choice!!  8)

wxg

Any choice is better then 60Hz TN with very slow response time.
No speed of progaming TN, no beauty of IPS, no comfort angles for work.
No buy.

ocramavaf

Quote from: Imglidinhere on May 31, 2018, 08:05:11
I don't understand this rating system. You completely ignore the pricing of other options while asking 'is it worth importing'?

Seriously, you can get the Dell Inspiron G7 with an i7-8750H and a 1060 Max-Q with a 256GB SSD for $1080 shipped from their website. Exactly what makes THIS machine more attractive than the Dell and why is the score an 85%?

You seriously need to revise this system. You have the greatest level of analysis for reviews... but your ratings need some serious work. A 70% is considered trash-garbage but a 90% is considered amazing? Seriously?

Consider that when you look this kind of system in Europe you pay around 200-400$ more so for a dell G7 that runs 1000$ in the US we're looking at 1200-1300 Euros in Europe so for many of us here the price of this machine with a gtx 1060 is a steal regardless of the one generation old processor and everything else because

1) we pay much more for an equivalent system if we were to buy here
2) We get devices like the update Legion series or the Dell G series several months later than you guys do in the US

Sayan mukherjee

I have a predator helios 300 with a i7. 7700HQ and a GTX 1060 6gb with a 17 inches screen ..way better

Hideo Kojima

So, Xiaomi has kinda similar to new Lenovo Legion Y7000P display, a bit better game perfomance (40 fps vs 37 on ultra in Witcher 3), even thought it's i5 vs i7 (throttling?), and better temperature management with almost the same noise scores, but it's at 8th place and Lenovo at 3th? How?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview