News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Razer Blade 15 (2018) Laptop Preview

Started by Redaktion, May 25, 2018, 15:24:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Max-Q in a laptop that is only 17 mm thin. The Razer Blade 15 (2018) goes all out: It is not enough for it to be the thinnest gaming laptop on the market, it also has to put a 4K screen in a 14-inch chassis. A species of Ultrabook with a Max-Q GPU and a hexa-core Coffee Lake processor?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-Blade-15-2018-Laptop-Preview.305426.0.html

TommyJames

Hi,
Do you have the specs on the screen brightness?
Thanks

Anthony

Does the keyboard have the Home, End, Pg Up, and Pg Dn keys, or at least a shortcut for them?

SimonM

Some questions for your full review.
  • How big and heavy is the power supply?  This is a factor regarding portability
  • Does the headphone jack have optical out?
  • What are the viewing angles of the 4K screen?
  • Is the battery user-replaceable?
As a laptop, it strikes me that actually resting it on your lap covers the intake vents.  I don't know if this common for gaming laptops given their high airflow needs, but is partial or full covering ok for general and low-power uses?

Az

No FHD glossy is highly disappointing.. would be an instant buy for 2-2.5k

No one on earth wants to spend 3.5k on a 4k glossy.

Gary

Yeah, the price is high but it doesn't matter what the price is... if the screen is glossy, who would want to buy it anyway!   

Tiberiu Lupescu

For the Editor: You forgot to add this laptop's results in all the charts you used for this review. I'm not seeing any performance numbers.

IG pro

Is it me or does Notebookcheck not answer their forum questions anymore? I am wondering if you will review the 4K panel unit

byczakrew

Quote from: Tiberiu Lupescu on May 27, 2018, 08:53:22
For the Editor: You forgot to add this laptop's results in all the charts you used for this review. I'm not seeing any performance numbers.
Lad, spend half a minute and read actual text between charts. This is preliminary review with gaps to be filled up.
Regarding complaints that screen is glossy - do correct me if i'm wrong - i heard every screen is glossy. They just have antiglare coat.
For surface pro 4 i bought third company matt coat. Looks great, feels much better when i'm drawing - and its replaceable.

Matthew Evans

Great review, but were is the photograph showing the insides, as normally you do that

GrosseFatigue

4K screen touch: does it come with a pen? Can one draw? As sensitive as Surface Book? This laptop is more than just for games. It is going to get the attention of video and photo editors -and artist with a sensitive pen.

Zz1tai

Nicholas Winget

Can you add a HHD into the pre existig SSD or do you need to replace the SSD with an HHD

Avii

When will the full review be coming out. The 60Hz model seems much better value than the areo 15 with 1060 and 8750h however I think the razer is q-max 1060 which will have slower performance. Considering I already have a 144hz monitor and the difference for 144 is 150£ Im interested to see how this stacks up against the msi gs65 and the areo 15

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview