News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Aorus X5 v8 (i7-8850H, GTX 1070, Full-HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, May 24, 2018, 15:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Holy Six. Gigabyte equipped the 2018 version of the Aorus X5 with a hexa-core CPU belonging to Intel's Coffee Lake series. The CPU is accompanied by a GeForce GTX 1070 and a 144 Hz display. Find out in our review whether the 15-inch laptop is on a par with other gaming devices.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Aorus-X5-v8-i7-8850H-GTX-1070-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.305300.0.html

Avram I Stanton

I would warn potential buyers to stay away from Aorus.  Notebookcheck.net is a fantastic resource for determining out of the box performance but lacks on what these units will do in the weeks to months that follow.  I purchased an X5 V7 and the motherboard died 12 days after purchase.  After checking other online resources I discovered that this is a fairly common failure for these units.

I would love to see Notebookcheck do "long haul" reviews where they revisit laptops loaned out to editors for day to day use.  I believe it would be of great benefit to many users to see how many of this svelte, high performance laptops manage after a regimen of regular use.

toby h

Could the system earn significant additional battery run time for desktop/web browsing, if display refresh rate is capped to 60hz and G-Sync is disabled using the nVidia control panel?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview