News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei Matebook X Pro (i5-8250U, MX150) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, May 21, 2018, 12:10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Market disruptor. Huawei wants to prove that you don't need to spend $1500 or more for a decently specced XPS 13 or MacBook Pro. The MateBook X Pro attempts to give it all with an attractively thin aluminum design, 3:2 touchscreen, discrete Nvidia graphics, Thunderbolt 3, and an Intel U class CPU for less than what major competitors are currently offering.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-Matebook-X-Pro-i5-8250U-MX150-Laptop-Review.303146.0.html

Lucas

I'm more and more disappointed with Chinese manufacturers, who could create new innovative designs but copy existing ones instead. Personally I have no interest in manufacturers who lack a sense of self, creativity and ambition.

Recoda

Huawei Matebook X Pro or Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15? As of now, they're the only high-end laptops with MX150 graphics.

AMD

Hi Allen,

I have a question: will the surface temperatures and fan noise on idle/load be different if you choose an i7 model instead of on an i5?

Dreista

xin47

I'm wondering if undervolting or underclocking (or both!) could lower it's temperature and stay consistently higher on clock speeds.

HansGruber

Any information on when this notebook will enter the German market?

Eric

Can you double check that this laptop features a 4 lane TB3 port?  It seems dubious with the discrete graphics card inside and previous history with 8550U chips with the MX150 (like on the Spectre x360).  I also sent a note to Huawei to ask since I can't find that info anywhere.

gxcris

I do love your percentage rating system for your reviews. Is it possible to do a best of each category for all the current generation of devices you have reviewed so far or have a search-able DB or matrix similar to the CPU and GPU charts you keep?

Keep up the good work.

Tu

This is the most helpful review I've seen, especially with the data on temperature and stress. I've been looking all over the internet, and every other reviewer just repeat the same generic information.  I really appreciate your effort. Do you have information on the differences between the i5 and i7 model?

Again, thank you!

nienhuis

Quote from: Eric on May 22, 2018, 21:25:03
Can you double check that this laptop features a 4 lane TB3 port?  It seems dubious with the discrete graphics card inside and previous history with 8550U chips with the MX150 (like on the Spectre x360).  I also sent a note to Huawei to ask since I can't find that info anywhere.
Yes i get the same question, seems 2 lane TB3 is more possible(with the MX150, there is not enough lanes for 4 lane TB3)

Shaurya

Please review the Asus S15 S510Un-Bq070T with an i5-8250, Nvidia MX150 too.

It's a great slim laptop, with a powerful processor. i5-8250u

leesong

Please confirm the distribution of PCI-E Lanes for thunderbolt port and also review the i7 model if possible. Thanks! it is very useful.

Intosh

Great work!  Notebookcheck always has the best, most objective reviews, compared to the "mainstream" tech blogs/sites.  Keep up the good work!

MJ

I just ran a CPU stress test (i7/16GB/512GB/MX150) with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (the [SW] Undervolt mod applied) but the CPU still hit 85°C. Even when I'm just surfing the web I can't place it on my lap unless I wanna have my :o hard boiled...

There must be something wrong with my unit. The fan is almost constantly whirring loudly...  :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview