News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ASUS ZenBook UX3430UN (i5-8250U, MX150, 256 GB SSD) Subnotebook review

Started by Redaktion, May 18, 2018, 22:12:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Office exemplar with gaming ambitions. The new ZenBook brings together the core of what office users desire and invites you to play a game or two thanks to its GeForce MX150 GPU. ASUS seems to have succeeded in this balancing act where other subnotebooks have failed. If there is anything to complain about, it is only at a high level.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ASUS-ZenBook-UX3430UN-i5-8250U-MX150-256-GB-SSD-Subnotebook-review.303576.0.html

heffeque

I would've liked an Ethernet connection, a full-sized HDMI port (micro-HDMI means I'll have to carry an adapter with me), and maybe another USB 3 port (OK, realistically it probably wouldn't fit), but other than that... perfect for my specific needs!

dess

How is that possible that this version is so much better than Asus Zenbook UX430UN reviewed on this site with final score 83%.
Unless I am not getting something they both have same spec and same chassis?
Only differences which I can see is RAM speed and display with better colour space on UX3430UN. Suprisingly both laptops got same scores for displays. On the other hand Keyboard and Connectivity scores are way different in both reviews although both laptops seem to be virtually identical in this category.

thinkso

Yeah, that's my question as well. The previous review seemed biased af. It all comes to the mood of reviewer. The previous just wanted the notebook to score lower and it's obvious. Zenbook have more or less similar keyboards etc input devices from my experience, but it's score in notebookcheck reviews always fluctuates. Or I can only guess that Asus finally payed to notebookcheck staff, and now they can have a positive review..

Quote from: dess on May 22, 2018, 12:03:43
How is that possible that this version is so much better than Asus Zenbook UX430UN reviewed on this site with final score 83%.
Unless I am not getting something they both have same spec and same chassis?
Only differences which I can see is RAM speed and display with better colour space on UX3430UN. Suprisingly both laptops got same scores for displays. On the other hand Keyboard and Connectivity scores are way different in both reviews although both laptops seem to be virtually identical in this category.

heffeque

"same chassis"

There seems to be a difference (the UX3430UN being 0.1mm thicker than the UX430UN).
It could be that more things have been updated but aren't noticeable to the naked eye.

But yeah, probably part of the score is subjective and we just have to trust our guts (or try the laptop in a store before buying it).

A

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview