News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony confirms 120 Hz display mode support for the XZ Premium

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2018, 19:37:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although the Xperia XZ Premium supports video decoding at 120 Hz, Sony has chosen to "to strike a balance between power consumption and consumer benefit" and so this display mode has been disabled to ensure an increased autonomy for this handset. In addition to the XZ Premium, it seems that other Xperia handsets have this hidden setting as well.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-confirms-120-Hz-display-mode-support-for-the-XZ-Premium.301636.0.html

vrvly

Full time 4K screen seems more important for this phone. Still running fhd.

yallo32

Quote from: vrvly on April 30, 2018, 22:40:18
Full time 4K screen seems more important for this phone. Still running fhd.

Full time 4k can be turned on in the settings menu.

antoine amanieux

where in the menu settings can you force the screen to 4k all the time ? when i do it with adb wm size, the phone app crashes as soon as i make or receive a phone call. thanks - is there a way to force 120hz ?

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: antoine amanieux on May 01, 2018, 10:52:09
where in the menu settings can you force the screen to 4k all the time ? when i do it with adb wm size, the phone app crashes as soon as i make or receive a phone call. thanks - is there a way to force 120hz ?
I guess it still needs some work. Or maybe Sony made it crash just so that people don't use it? This is an interesting question, although I don't think they would do it. Probably the feature still needs some final touches before going live.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview