News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Next-gen MacBook Pro rumored to arrive in 2019 with up to 32 GB RAM

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2018, 13:56:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It seems that the delay of the 10 nm Intel Cannon Lake processors and the current pricing of 32 GB memory modules compatible with Apple's requirements are both pushing the launch of the next-gen MacBook Pro to 2019. Two years ago, Apple was afraid that 32 GB of memory would require a different design with reduced battery space, but those fears are gone now.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Next-gen-MacBook-Pro-rumored-to-arrive-in-2019-with-up-to-32-GB-RAM.301608.0.html

Belisarius

Excellent article Codrut. Question is will they replace the failing butterfly keyboard that jam everywhere anytime and cost 700$ to replace? The keyboard issue, the oversized trackpad and lack of ports are the biggest impediment to a Mac experience, prompting me to consider a PC return first in 15 years.

Thesis

For Apple to win back its loyalists and enthusiasts, Apple will have to make it upgradeable, fix the butterfly keyboard and return back to the 2015 Macbook era keyboard, bring back at least a few USB-A ports. If they don't do it, I guarantee..enthusiasts will be pissed and Macbook Pro sales will slump. Windows, for all its problems is gaining because their workstation and gaming laptops are upgradeable to 32GB RAM

bigaoi

A really good keyboard please. Can't the Pro models sacrifice all of 2mm so they gain a 'pro' keyboard, I'm sure Apple can come up with all kinds of hyperbole about a keyboard with luxurious feel and travel etc etc. The non-Pro models can go on in the pursuit of ultimate thin-ness, and the march towards an iPad keyboard feel.

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: Belisarius on April 30, 2018, 15:07:31
Excellent article Codrut. Question is will they replace the failing butterfly keyboard that jam everywhere anytime and cost 700$ to replace? The keyboard issue, the oversized trackpad and lack of ports are the biggest impediment to a Mac experience, prompting me to consider a PC return first in 15 years.
Thank you! I guess they will do something about the keyboard, but remains to see if they come up with a better one or not. They could release a MacBook Pro with a full-touchscreen keypad, for example...
P.S. PCs are fine nowadays, so if you're not stuck with some macOS-exclusive apps, you could try the return. There's a lot of hardware to choose from, although there are some issues in this land as well. For example, I can't find a decent ergonomic keyboard. I am currently using a Microsoft 4000 and it would be great to find something with the same design but a decent build quality, macro keys that work when they should, and a price tag below 100 bucks.

marcus book old

very shame for apple. I have 2013 Late 15incher , for 700$ . Still very powerful,altought 4750HQ has low frequencies compered with today. Apple 15" laptop did not evolve much.

Brian

I have a 16GB flagship MacBook Pro and i max out my ram all the time. In my line of work 16GB is the minimum memory needed and so I do make it work but 32GB would be so much more comfortable to work with. The new model can't come soon enough for me!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview