News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Frank Azor: The Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 (9575) was delayed due to the the mag lev keyboard

Started by Redaktion, April 28, 2018, 17:40:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although the new XPS 15 2-in-1 (9575) was supposed to begin shipping more than a week ago, Frank Azor has just confirmed that many early adopters still have to receive their machines due to a delay that has been caused by "a small bad batch of the Mag lev keyboard." Even more, the i9 processor upgrade is not available yet but will be added on May 10.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Frank-Azor-The-Dell-XPS-15-2-in-1-9575-was-delayed-due-to-the-the-mag-lev-keyboard.301550.0.html

Laurie Halliday

I ordered the XPS 15 2-in-1 March 29 (I think it was officially on their site 3/28), was told to expect it 4/19, and it arrived 4/10 (regular shipping - no expediting). LOVE IT!

Brian

I order my xps 15 2-in-1 (9575) and at first the expected delivery date was April 30th. It's been recently updated... to June 20th. Not too happy.

Benny Lava

Got mine, loaded to the gills with what is currently available on the 17th. Price matched the Spectre.

Codrut Nistor

Wow, June 20th, Brian? Where are you located? Did you go for a fully-loaded hardware setup?

Jeffrey Rutledge

Ordered 4-1-18, rescheduled 4 times, current status "unknown" and in the meantime they released a cheaper model I would have bought. While I'm glad there is a reason its hardly an excuse for me anymore, this is the third order in a row Dell has messed up for me.

ThisGuy

I ordered my XPS 15 2-in-1 (fully loaded) on Apr. 2 and living in Alaska had no option to pay to expedite. Was pleasantly surprised to receive it on Apr. 13, only 2 days after it shipped from Dell on the 11th.

I usually would not order a product at release (being an engineer I understand early production runs can have QA/QC issues). But I sprung for Dell's upgraded warranty & support to hedge against any potential defects.

No problems with the keyboard and I have used it pretty extensively for the last 3 weeks. One issue with the RealTek built-in microphone array - unclear yet whether hardware or software. Extremely satisfied with all other aspects of the machine.

One other thing to note - having also held the Spectre X360 15", the (slightly) smaller form factor and weight of the XPS is certainly felt, and makes the tablet experience more practical & enjoyable.

Codrut Nistor

So it looks like Alaska got lucky this time, while many users in less cold areas were not that fortunate. Really interesting.

Brian

Hi Everyone,
I thought I'd share an update with everyone. The delivery of my new XPS 15 2-in-1 was delayed until June 20th but I did in fact receive it earlier. It arrived last week (May 9th). Yay. However, today I was downloading new software and walked away form the computer. I come back to a blue screen of death. strange.
Try to reboot. Nothing. Dead. Front LED blinking twice amber once white.
Looks like the CPU is dead.
Will be waiting longer for my laptop. :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview