News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung is the most popular forbidden smartphone brand in North Korea

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2018, 19:57:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although there are supposed to be no Samsung phones in North Korea and the country is well-known as a totalitarian dictatorship, smuggled Samsung smartphones are very popular in the country. According to a South Korean news outlet, the number of mobile subscribers in North Korea reached 5 million this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-is-the-most-popular-forbidden-smartphone-brand-in-North-Korea.301462.0.html

SMGJohn

Such a shame to see notebookcheck going down the shitter of CIA cold war propaganda, again the only source the author provide are fictitious religious skywizardry, defector? Who is this defector? Could be anyone, could be me, you or a fiction of his imagination which is 99% more likely than the defector ever being real.

Why not write something tech based that is news worthy than creating nonsense based on insane gabbling of a poor person who has nothing better to do in his life than come up with fiction and present it as reality.

Codrut Nistor

First of all, you didn't pay any attention to the article. The conclusions of the South Koreans are based on their interviews with more than just one defector.
Second, here's some Cold War propaganda: "I wake up at 6:45 AM and the centralized heating system has just kicked in. The room is still cold, but the heater is hot. It will be so for another hour or so, because the heat, just like anything else, is rationalized. My grandfather greets me and he goes out to replace my father, who was at the queue for the milk ration since 5 AM. I eat two pieces of bread with a little sugar on them. There's not much else to eat, anyway. Before I go to school, I check the drawer in the living room and smell the vanilla sticks and the Kent pack. You don't see them anywhere in stores. They smell... colorful. I get out and reach the school. It's gray and cold. The portrait of OUR FATHER (Nicolae Ceausescu) is in the front of the classroom, watching over us. We sing the national anthem. In a few months I'll have to go to an event an recite a long poem about my love for Ceausescu, but I don't want to. I'll see how I can escape that. I just don't understand why I have to do this. Anyway, there are just 5 more months until the New Year and I'll have bananas and oranges again then!"
This, in fact, was my life 3 decades ago.
Do you think that a poor person "has nothing better to do in his life than come up with fiction and present it as reality" because... you take a lot of things for granted and can't imagine that such "fiction" can be real? I'd rather believe a poor "liar" instead of a misguided know-it-all who has everything.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview